Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Home is Wherever I'm With You






We've had some BIG changes happen over the last month. Sid got a job with Siemens PLM and we could not be more excited, thrilled, or thankful for this amazing opportunity. It all escalated pretty quickly, to say the least. We literally had two weeks to pack up our lives in Logan and move across the country to Novi, Michigan!  We will be in Michigan for 6-8 months while Sid is training and then be placed elsewhere (we're hoping & praying for somewhere warm). Sid's amazing parents helped us a ton with our move. They helped us pack, drive our moving truck 26+ hours, move us in, and much, much more. I feel so grateful and blessed to have them as my second parents and will truly miss seeing them whenever we please. It has been a bittersweet experience for sure. 


We've always been suuuuper close to both of our families, but we're now coming to realize that we ARE each others family. Sid and I now have to rely on one another and our Heavenly Father, solely. Of course we look forward to joining family in the near future as I have a few fun trips planned, but for now I'm excited for this new adventure and to see what happens in the next year! We've now been in Michigan for about a week and have had a blast exploring our new town. We were welcomed with open arms in our new ward at church and truly felt a sincere love... it is a true and personal testament that this wonderful church I belong to really is the same no matter what part of the country I'm in. Everything feels right about the move and sacrifice we've made to leave behind family and the best of friends, we know there's a plan and that if we but have full faith, we will be blessed beyond measure. Sid has been a pillar of strength for me, I cant adequately begin to express my love and gratitude for him. He is an amazing husband and I thank my lucky stars for him every day. Okay but can we talk weather now...It is freezing here(no, like realllllly)! I thought Logan was cold??? Um noooo, not even close! But hey, I'm lucky enough to have a growing belly & handsome husband to cuddle & keep me warm :) Wellllll here we are, Michigan...please be good to us!!!!



I am now 24 weeks! My little guy is said to be about twelve and a half inches long and weigh one and a half pounds(about the size of a pineapple), gaining steadily at a rate of six ounces per week. Much of that weight comes from accumulating baby fat, as well as from growing organs, bones, and muscle. Also by now, his face is almost fully formed, complete with eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair....Im hoping for hair, lots of it. With Sids Armenian side and my Latin side, wouldn't this mean we are basically guaranteed a head full of hair?! Ha...we will see. We found our new doctor here in Michigan and I'm so excited about him. My cravings this week have included pineapple(lots of it), Greek yogurt with granola, and steak! Our sweet boy is moving, kicking, and hiccuping like crazy! We love him so much and are counting down the weeks until we meet our little wiggle worm...CAN'T WAIT! 







2 comments:

  1. Love you both!!! Soo very proud of you guys <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little bump and the sweet angel in there. Time is flying, I am so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete